Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book review - Every teen girl's little pink book

Cathy Bartel really has a great idea of how to go about this. This was actually my sister's book, given to her by her angel at Grace Youth Camp several years ago. I thought it was really sweet of him to buy that book for her. and since its my sister's book I never took the initiative to read it. But today made a difference. As today i started fasting (be off the story books and movie spree till uni reopens) and so, i had more time and i took the thinnest book i can find to read. and so, i started with this book. this book really taught me a lot of things which were often overlooked. and after reading this book, I reflected and I was disappointed with myself of all the things I did before. From the every small thing to the biggest mistake I made. I felt convicted. and it is time to change. so, just a brief summary of what i got from this book.
PINK is always the colour which is dedicated to the girls. I hardly have anything pink as I always think its a bit too 'girly' for me. But now, I perceive this colour very differently. the reason being,
P - Pray: pray in every circumstance, pray in every season, pray every time of the day, pray before every conversation, pray before every lecture, pray before every drive etc. Pray without ceasing
I - Initiate: take initiatives to show others how grateful I am for them and how much I appreciate them
N - Note: It is important to note down things God placed in my heart, thoughts God put in my mind and promises He made to me
K - Keep: Keep His promises and His word close to my heart.

Although I am one year too old to be considered a teen, but this book tells me of how much my Father in heaven loves me. He loves me so much that He gave His son Jesus to die for me. its like an exchange. a trade. Jesus for me. I am so loved and i can always hold my head up high because I am a princess of the King of kings and Lord of the Most High. I am royalty. and so, i should behave like a princess. to carry myself well, be His salt and light, to be loved and to love, because He loves me just as much as He loves you.

sugar and spice and everything nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment