Monday, November 19, 2012

Delayed blog post of 9 Nov


So where to start? I’ll start with a few words of greetings. First and foremost, happy deepavali and happy holidays to my patient readers . Finished my last day of school yesterday and am on the way back to JB now for an almost-a-week break. You must be wondering why I didn’t rush home like everyone else yesterday, and hence let me enlighten you.
Yesterday was a Friday and as usual there was Christian Fellowship. Before the CF started, Eunice out of the blue said she didn’t wanna go to a pastor’s house tonight anymore. I didn’t ask much, I just nodded without contemplation. I guess she was home sick already and she might be worried that gathering at the pastor’s house might make her feel uncomfortable. So, I guess that was why. We had a clinical forum on colon cancer and right after that, we both followed Alex back to Cyberheights. On the way back to our serene and cosy hostel, I mentioned to Alex that Eunice wanted to follow him back so badly and Alex just said that she still can if she wants and if she doesn’t mind another 2 friends of his in the car. She was reluctant, but i pushed her to accept the offer because I knew that it was what she wanted. After hesitating for quite a while, she agreed.
And so, we went back and not long after that, Irene called to inform me of Joel’s arrival. After a short shower, we were all set to go! Joel, Irene, Bobby, Joshua are the few names you are going to see more often from now (I think) so, lets just put things very simply; they are my seniors and they are splendid!
We went to pastor’s house for dinner, met his family and I was more attracted to his youngest child, his daughter Joana for purposes I don’t know I just wished I could spend more time with her. Maybe I do like children after all.
Pastor and his family were very welcoming. They prepared a marvellous dinner J its was indeed delicious and he spent a great deal of time getting to know us and about our lives. Eagle Point church is a church like Praise Sanctuary, an environment I am very much familiar with as I spent my whole primary school life attending that church. But I would say that it isn’t very campus-friendly. I don’t know about Eagle point as I have never attended their services before but so far, ACTS has been the best experience for me and I believe with ACTS, there will be more to come. The atmosphere is a totally different feel than any church I have been before and I have faith that i will go to greater heights with ACTS! 
But the pastor of Eagle Point church is very open-minded as he asked us of our opinion about the church and about their services, which I couldn’t relate to as I have never attended their services. But this portrays the readiness of the pastor to make amendments according to what is best and I salute him for that.
After dinner, we went to Joel’s house to ‘change car’as they are travelling down to Port Dickson and Joel is gonna be driving. Wow. He is quite a good driver. He drives with suave. Such a big car! And yah, we met his parents. They were both very friendly. And maybe then that is why their son is also so well-mannered.
Shortly after that, we picked up Irene’s friend from Oldtown as she is also going to join them to Port Dickson. We chilled at ‘Come buy Cyberjaya’ for a while as both Chatime and Starbucks were closed. Joshua was craving for bubble tea since formatives (I still don’t understand why anyone would every crave for bubble tea) okay, maybe mine didn’t taste that good or maybe I am more of a coffee person. Starbucks still appeals more to me than bubble tea. After that, Joel parked his car at the clubhouse and we walked back to our respective apartments.
I realized Irene and Bobby are so funny and cute with Joshua joining in the picture and Joel co-existing to make the picture complete is quite a beautiful thing to see. They are all so happy and funny and with Joshua around I can assure you that its never gonna be boring. Bobby and Joshua will just make the perfect duo for a joker team. The most important thing is, they are all very frank with each other and they are all very straight forward. That is one thing I envy of them. I don’t have friends telling me what my weaknesses are, or correcting me for the errors I make. Some just tell me I have a problem and expect me to sort it out myself without telling me what my problem is. Friends like that just make me feel disappointed with myself, feel useless, feel dejected and no, none of that helps me become a better person. I guess its just the love of God touching lives that my seniors can be so direct, happy and at the same time fun! The group of seniors with everything they commit themselves to do.
                Yesterday was a good day, more like a good night. Thank you Lord for such opportunity J
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment