Monday, November 19, 2012

Delayed blog post of 10 Nov


Seniors – what would I do without them?
                Entering a new university with no seniors is something I can never empathize with, because I have the good chance of being the second batch with approximately 70 seniors doing their second year of medicine in Perdana university.
                Joel will of course be the first one I mention as he is the one I am closest with. Joel is a part of the student council and he is responsible, well-mannered, funny at times, and he is always of a great help to me. In Christian fellowship (CF) there is a mentor-mentee system which runs where a senior looks after a junior. At first when Juyinn, our vice president read out the mentor-mentee arrangements, I wasn’t really happy about getting Joel as my mentor cause we both look like we have totally different personalities and character. And I really didn’t know how on earth I can ever relate to a person like him. But after one incident, things took quite a tremendous turn.
                While waiting for the bus to set off to stadium UKM for the event ‘Relay For Life’ Joel waited in his car, hoping the bus would take off anytime between one second and another. I approached him out of courtesy asking him why his car isn’t carrying any passengers. He then invited me to ride with him if I want to, I immediately took up the offer and getting to know more about throughout the way was my reward J glad I made that move instead of following the bus. Since then, I spent most of my time with either Eunice or Joel. So, he was and still is, being a very good senior. He gave me a wrist band he got from the event, sent me to Klang (not exactly to Klang but almost) and passed me a few books to study and reference. Not to mention the few times he texted to ask if I’m doing okay and prayed for me when I was having my card-signing. He is really both helpful and encouraging to me. No doubt the senior I fancy the most. Jun Ning would come close. I’ll talk about her later. When they asked me who my favourite senior is, I didn’t even have to answer and they already knew Joel would be the name I utter.
                Jun Ning is my co-occupant of the beautiful apartment I’m staying in. haha. She is my housemate and she is really helpful. Penangites are mostly friendly and she just proved that statement true. She isn’t bossy or calculative and is very open to us juniors and she doesn’t mind us. On day one itself I got information about the course from her. She appears to me to be very diligent and at the same time has spare time for enjoyments. Being the only one left in her group to stay in greencoast proves that she is quite bold and independent. Thank God for such a senior and housemate. Initially I thought it would be good to have all juniors staying in one house like our neighbours, but soon after that, I realized with both Jun Ning and Fauziah as seniors staying with me, I am fortunate and blessed as I can ask them anything questions or queries I have. That is the blessing others didn’t manage to have a share of and I am really happy and glad and at the same time touched by the hand of God upon my life. He always knows what I need and will provide the best for me. He knows what I’ll be most contented with.
                I still have 4 years and 10 months to get to know more seniors. So my post about my seniors will take a short break here. More to come. Stay tuned! J

No comments:

Post a Comment